The Alberta Association of Agricultural Societies have SIX Scholarship awards that will be given to outstanding post‐secondary students continuing their education, who have volunteered their time and energy to their communities and agricultural societies. Please consider individuals in your community who could benefit from receiving this award. Applicants must be nominated by their local Agricultural Society.
In 1995 it was decided to use funds from the Special Project Trust Fund to create a scholarship for Alberta Students entering or enrolled in an agricultural based program. Each Applicant would be nominated by their Agricultural Society.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a minimum two year program at an Alberta post-secondary institution. The applicant must be nominated by their local Agricultural Society.
- The nominating Agricultural Society must be in good standing with Alberta Association of Agricultural Societies (AAAS), meaning the current year’s membership fees are paid and they have no outstanding payments to AAAS.
- The applicant or their parent (s) or guardian must be a member of the nominating Agricultural Society. The applicant must be a volunteer within their community and Agricultural Society.
- Part-time students are eligible for this scholarship but the funds will not be paid prior to the completion of the full first year courses of the program.
- A 500 word Essay is required on the applicants future plans for contributing as a volunteer within their community.
- A 200 word Essay is required outlining why the AAAS scholarship is deserved or how does your community benefit from your local Agricultural Society.
- It is the intention of AAAS to award (SIX) $500.00 scholarships per year for three General Scholarships and three Agricultural Scholarships. If six suitable recipients are not found in any given year the scholarship (s) all six may not be awarded.
- The scholarship will be paid to the applicant upon successful completion of the first application year. Transcript is required. An Agricultural Society can nominate more than one applicant.
GUIDELINES FOR COMPLETING APPLICATION
- Include applicant’s and nominating Agricultural Society’s names on each page of the application
- Number the application pages, including the application form, attached reference page, description ages and any other attach ments as follows: 1 of total number of pages. Eg. 1 of 5 pages, in total
- Applicants and nominating Agricultural Society should keep a copy of all pages and attachments for reference
- PRESENTATIONS WILL BE MADE AT THE FRIDAY NIGHT AWARDS BANQUET DURING THE ANNUAL CONVENTION
- Scholarship recipient will receive an invitation for themselves and one guest
- Additional banquet tickets can be purchased
- December 1st Application Deadline
- January 17 Letter of notification will be sent to all applicants and their nominating Agricultural Society regarding the committee’s decision.
How to Apply:
- Once a student receives a scholarship they are no longer eligible to apply for a future scholarship
- Conflicts of Interest should be declared for any board members who sit on their selection committee
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and any US Territory age 17 or older at the time of entry, and who meet one (1) of the four (4) following eligibility requirements at the time of entry:A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
The Scholarship Program is open to seniors in high school who meet the eligibility requirements. If you are an eligible student, by completing a college planning step using your College Board account, you will automatically earn a chance to win a $500 scholarship and an additional chance to win a $40,000 scholarship.There are no essay, minimum GPA, test score, or...
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without writing a single essay? Sounds too good to be true.It isn't with Niche. We are giving one student $50,000 (our biggest scholarship yet) to help pay for tuition, living expenses, books, and other educational expenses.Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college...
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students with the right schools for them. Carnegie Dartlet, the organization that houses CollegeXpress, is an educational publisher and higher education marketing agency. Every year, thousands of students across the United States and around the world discover their colleges using our websites, magazines, and services. This scholarship has an intake period...
The Appily scholarship application is fast and easy.Scholarship Eligibility: This scholarship is open to high school sophomores, juniors, and first semester senior students for all majors and schools. We will judge this scholarship based on other criteria such as volunteer work, extracurricular activities, special circumstances, etc.About the sponsors of the scholarship (EAB and Appily):EAB is the market leader in helping colleges...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students with the right schools for them. Carnegie Dartlet, the organization that houses CollegeXpress, is an educational publisher and higher education marketing agency. Every year, thousands of students across the United States and around the world discover their colleges using our websites, magazines, and services.To be eligible for the Scholarship you:A)...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school for them. Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as...