United Steelworkers Post Secondary Scholarships
Every year, the United Steelworkers union awards 22 scholarships of $1,500 each to qualified students across Canada, as follows:
A) District 3: 5 scholarships (Western Provinces, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut)
B) District 5: 6 scholarships (Quebec)
C) District 6: 2 scholarships (Atlantic Provinces)
D) District 6: 6 scholarships (Ontario)
E) National Locals: 3 scholarships (Local Unions 1944, 1976 and 2004)
These scholarships are intended to support Steelworkers members who spend many years saving so that they or their children can pursue post-secondary education.
Eligible applicants must:
A) Be a member of the United Steelworkers, or the child of a member in good standing (children include biological or birth children, children by adoption and children by other, equivalent relationship),
B) Be 25 years of age or younger, and
C) Be enrolled in post-secondary education in 2021.
Applicants may be entering any year of study and may be returning to their studies after a break. USW Post-Secondary Scholarships cannot be awarded to the same applicant more than twice.
1) Complete the application form (download or fill out online).
2) Submit either a 3-minute video or a 250-word written statement, in either French or English, on one of the following topics. Videos should be posted on YouTube and the video URL included in the application form. Written statements should be in Word or PDF format and uploaded to the online application form, sent as an email attachment or printed and mailed. Topics are:
A) How has your life been impacted by you and/or your family member being in a union?
B) What issues or problems in society do you think unions should work on?
C) How could unions help combat discrimination?
3) The application form and video or written statement must be received by end of day June 30, 2021.
Choosing winning applications:
1) Scholarships will be awarded based on the quality of the ideas discussed in the video or written statement, as determined by an unbiased reviewer.
2) Winning applicants will be asked to provide proof of enrolment in an institution of higher education before an award cheque is issued.
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be: A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States; B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or...
To be eligible for the No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship: A) You must be a resident of any of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or US Territories B) You must be 16 years of age or older C) You must either be enrolled in a college/university or registered...
The $25,050 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply. To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being: A) Earnest B) Determined C) Moving The scholarship...
To be Eligible: 1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US. 2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico. The ScholarshipPoints program was created in 2006 to help students win scholarships...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school...