Your job outlook will continue to be Above Average because:
1. The employment growth rate will likely be above average because of ongoing trends--a growing and aging population that requires more health care, governments providing increased services for people with disabilities, and new technologies that create advances in rehabilitative therapy.
2. Although the retirement rate will likely be below average, the number of retiring workers should contribute to job openings.
3. The number of job seekers will likely exceed the number of job openings. This will not be significant enough to have an impact on the work prospects.
Career Related Questions
What is a day in the life of a Occupational Therapists like?
Occupational therapists perform some or all of the following duties: A. Analyse clients' capabilities and expectations related to life activities through observation, interviews and formal assessments B.... more
What education do you need to become a Occupational Therapists?
1. You must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in occupational therapy including supervised fieldwork from an accredited educational program by the Canadian Association of Occupational... more
What is the current Job Outlook for a Occupational Therapists?
The job outlook for Occupational Therapists is considered Above Average because: 1. Employment grew at an average rate. 2. Hourly wages ($26.27) are above the average ($18.07),... more
What is the future Job Outlook for a Occupational Therapists?
Your job outlook will continue to be Above Average because: 1. The employment growth rate will likely be above average because of ongoing trends--a growing and aging... more
How much does a Occupational Therapists make?
The average hourly wages for Occupational Therapists is $26.27/HR, which is above average for occupations in the health sector and close to the average for all professional... more
What is the currently unemployment rate for a Occupational Therapists?
4% of Occupational Therapists are unemployed. This rate is above the average for professionnal occupations. more
How many Occupational Therapists are employed part-time?
20% of Occupational Therapists are employed only on a part-time basis. There were 12,000 workers employed in these occupations in 2004, an increase of 58% since 1997. more
- How many Occupational Therapists are self-employed?
Roughly 7% of Occupational Therapists are self-employed. This is considered Average for the industry as a whole. more
What is the average age of a Occupational Therapists?
The younger-than-average age (38) of worker will likely result in a below-average retirement rate to 2009. more