1. You must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in occupational therapy including supervised fieldwork from an accredited educational program by the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists, or have graduated from an occupational therapy program approved by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT). This program is accepted in some provinces/territories.
2. Effective 2008, most Canadian university occupational therapy programs will only be offering masters entry level education in occupational therapy.
3. You may need to complete the National Certification Examination administered by the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists.
4. You must be licensed by a regulatory body in the province/territory where you'll work.
5. Membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists is required in some provinces/territories.
6. To specialize, you may need additional training or further experience.