Log into the Phillips student portal (you will see information about your previous application. The intent of this award is to enable students to attend college without accumulating burdensome debt. Awards from the Phillips Scholarship range from $3,000 to as high as $17,000 in a few cases.
WHO WAS STEPHEN PHILLIPS?
Stephen Phillips was a member of a prominent Salem, Massachusetts family that for many years had been actively involved in the merchant sailing era of Salem that followed the American Revolution.
Both new applicants and returning scholars should gather the following in preparation for applying:
- Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA
- The most recent Financial Aid Award letter from your college
- Student and Parent Earnings Information
- The charges for tuition, fees, room and board (meal plan) if your college is not included on our Cost of College List
- All new applications are due no later than 12 noon, May 1, 2024.
- There is an early response option, available to new high school applicants only, for applicants who submit by 12 noon, April 3, 2024.
- New applicants should visit the New Applicants Page to carefully review all criteria and required application materials before beginning an application.
- Between December 2023 and May 1, 2024: click here to start a new application, or here to log into the Phillips student portal to work on an existing application.
New applicants will also need:
- Contact information for at least one recommender (for high school applicants, the first recommender must be your school/guidance counselor)
- A formal personal essay such as the Common Application or Coalition Application essay (up to 650 words) and a short essay (up to 250 words) about what you do in school, at home, or in the community to serve others.
- For applicants already in college, your college transcript/grades (this can be an unofficial version) with grades through the Fall 2023 semester and a copy of your high school transcript if you have completed fewer than three semesters of college
- The Renewal Application for returning scholars is due 12 noon, February 1, 2024.
- Visit the Returning Scholars page to see news, updates, and reminders.
- Log into the Phillips student portal (you will see information about your previous application and award if the application cycle is not open for the year).
Returning scholars will also need:
How to Apply:
- An essay of 500 to 1,000 words that reflects on the most significant experiences you have had in the past year. At least some of this essay should be related to your academics, college extracurriculars, or professional development.
- Your college transcript/grades (this can be an unofficial version) with grades through the Fall 2023 semester
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and any US Territory age 17 or older at the time of entry, and who meet one (1) of the four (4) following eligibility requirements at the time of entry:A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without writing a single essay? Sounds too good to be true.It isn't with Niche. We are giving one student $25,000 to help pay for tuition, living expenses, books, and other educational expenses.Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college or graduate school in...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25 who will be attending school in the Fall of 2024.B) This scholarship is provided by StudentScholarships.org. In order to apply for our scholarship follow these instructions:1. Go to www.facebook.com/myscholarships and place a comment on any post you see answering the question:In 10 words or less, tell us why you deserve...
To encourage students to spend more time preparing for the Common App, Scholarship Guidance has created an annual scholarship to reward students.To be eligible for the Scholarship Guidance "Common App Scholarship" a student must:A) Be in Grade 11 or Grade 12B) Be attending college or university no later than October 1, 2025.C) Have achieved a GPA of 2.5 or greater...
Fund for Leaders has been offering scholarships for students at ELCA seminaries who are pursuing rostered ministry in the ELCA since 2000. In the 2023-2024 academic year alone, the fund will provide nearly $3.1 million in scholarships to 345 ELCA seminary students.Eligibility and selection criteria vary across the different types of scholarships available. Read on for more details.The ELCA Fund...
Recognizing the value of education and the benefits it brings to the Coast Guard Family, the Coast Guard Exchange (CGX) Scholarship Program was established to provide additional financial resources to dependent children of Coast Guard personnel embarking on undergraduate college/university studies. Annually a $2,000 scholarship is awarded to the outstanding applicants on a one-time basis. The number of scholarships granted...
Scholarships and other monetary support are available when you join Army Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC), which allow you to focus on your education by relieving some of the financial pressure. You'll graduate with a respected and secure career path as an Army Officer, and with less debt for the school years your scholarship covers. You’re eligible to apply for...