1. Promotion of the scholarship fund shall be by the MCASC.
2. All scholarship funds shall be placed in a separate savings account controlled and maintained by the MCASC state office.
The local areas will not maintain segregated scholarship accounts. Final selections and approval of the student scholarships shall be determined solely by the MCASC Scholarship Committee.
3. Recipients shall be selected from various high schools, technical colleges, colleges, and universities. The Recipientís must attend a technical
college, college or university. Each applicant must complete the appropriate application forms attached and mail to MCASC; Post Office Box 384; Columbia, SC 29202.
Applications must be received no later than June 1st to be considered for the following school year. Preference will be given to in-state technical
colleges, colleges, and universities.
Applications will be submitted to the Scholarship Committee for approval with the identifying information redacted.
4. Each applicant must submit a written one page essay on why he/she is interested in pursuing a career in the mechanical contracting Industry, including plans to do so and the extent of the applicantís commitment.
5. Scholarship recipients will be notified by July 1st of each year for the following school year and the award rendered to the school in accordance with the appropriate school semester.
6. A scholarship recipient must be someone who intends to or is pursuing a course of study at an institute of higher learning that is designed to
give them the skills to be a journeyman, apprentice, engineer, project manager, draftsman, or estimator in the electrical, HVAC, or plumbing trades.
7. Recipients are required to submit a new application with accompanying transcripts each year. Continuation of the scholarship is not automatic.