Each year, the Lighthouse Guild scholarship program helps a number of outstanding and deserving legally blind students attend college or attend graduate school with scholarships of $10,000. Scholarships are based on strong academic accomplishments and merit, and provide additional financial support to help students make a successful transition from high school to a college or attend/remain in the graduate school of their choice. Candidates are not required to demonstrate financial need.
The application period for 2015 runs through March 31. Scholarships are awarded by the summer of 2015.
1. Provide proof of legal blindness. Verification should be in the form of a statement from a state rehabilitation agency, an ophthalmologist or an optometrist.
2. Provide proof of U.S. citizenship. A passport, birth certificate, naturalization papers or proof of legal residency.
3. Send documentation of academic achievement. Copies of school transcripts and copies of SAT and/or ACT results.
4. Include three letters of recommendation. Two letters should attest to your academic skills. Each letter must include the name, address and telephone number of the person writing the reference.
5. Write two personal statements of 500 words or less. One describing your educational and personal goals, and *another on the influence of an outstanding teacher on your education (*only for the College Bound Scholarship)
Note: Your chosen college must be accredited by a body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. All college admissions policies must be non-denominational and open to applicants of all religions, faiths and beliefs.
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be: A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States; B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or...
To be eligible for the No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship: A) You must be a resident of any of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or US Territories B) You must be 16 years of age or older C) You must either be enrolled in a college/university or registered...
The $25,050 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply. To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being: A) Earnest B) Determined C) Moving The scholarship...
To be Eligible: 1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US. 2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico. The ScholarshipPoints program was created in 2006 to help students win scholarships...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school...