Each year, Comcast asks principals and guidance counselors to help us identify the best and the brightest high school seniors for recognition as “Leaders and Achievers.” Our signature scholarship program rewards young people for getting involved in their schools and making positive change in their communities. In recognition of their community service, academic achievement and leadership skills, winners receive one-time college scholarships. Since the first Leaders and Achievers were recognized in 2001, Comcast has awarded close to $20 million in scholarships to help nearly 20,000 students pursue higher education.
All nominations for the Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program must be made exclusively by the Principal or Guidance Counselor. Principals and home-school instructors may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to verify school eligibility status and to request program materials.
A student nominated by a Principal or Guidance Counselor must:
1. Be a full-time high school senior
2. Demonstrate a strong commitment to community service and display leadership abilities in school activities or through work experience
3. Have a grade point average of 2.8 or higher.
4. Demonstrate Leadership Abilities in school activities or through work experience.
5. Show a strong commitment to and involvement in community service.
6. Plan to attend an accredited nonprofit college, university, or vocational/technical school in the US.