Past President's Scholarship
Four (4) Scholarships will be awarded annually. One first place winner from each of the two (2) essay topics (see 4 a. below) will be awarded $5,000.00 each, and one second place winner from each of the same two (2) essay topics (see 4 a. below) will be awarded $2,500.00 each, for a grand total of $15,000.00 annually.
1) This scholarship is for students in their final year of an Ontario secondary school who are pursuing post-secondary education after graduation, for example, college, university or a trade school. Students must currently reside in the province of Ontario and be registered with a secondary school within the province. Applicants must also be a Canadian citizen or have been given permanent resident status. Applicants applying to a post-secondary school outside of Ontario (or even Canada), are still eligible for the scholarship.
2) Applications must be submitted via email at email@example.com, in person, faxed to 416-443-9703, or mailed to the following address:
Toronto Real Estate Board
Attention: Helen Leung, Communications and Government
1400 Don Mills Road
Toronto, ON M3B 3N1
3) Applicants must have a record of academic achievement and possess a range of leadership qualities and community involvement.
4) Applicants must complete and submit this application form together with the following documents:
a. A written essay (1000 words or less, typed and double-spaced) on one of the following subjects:
i. Do you think better transportation infrastructure would improve housing affordability in the GTA? Why or why not?
ii. Do you believe home ownership will be attainable for you in the future? Why or why not?
Please include the bibliography and/or footnotes (these are not included in the word count).
b. A detailed resume outlining their academic achievements, work experience, volunteer work, and extracurricular activities.
c. Two (2) brief letters of reference (including current contact information for each reference). Resumes and letters of reference may be in paragraph, chart, bullet point, etc., format.
d. A current academic transcript from all secondary schools attended. (Photocopies of transcripts are sufficient. Transcripts will not be returned.)
e. A photocopy of proof of acceptance to a post-secondary institution(s).
5) You may enter one essay for each topic; however, one person cannot be awarded more than one scholarship. Duplicate and incomplete submissions will not be considered. If you are submitting an essay for each topic, only one application is required. All application materials must be submitted in one transmission/mailing. (Email submissions will receive a one-time confirmation.)
6) All answers must be submitted in English. Answers in other languages will not be read or considered.
7) All contact information including applicant and secondary school names will be removed from all documentation presented to the judges.
8) Only the four (4) scholarship award recipients will be contacted via telephone before June 1 concerning the status of their application. All other applicants will be contacted via email after June 1.
9) A scholarship award of $5,000.00/not to exceed $5,000.00 will be paid to each first place award recipient and a scholarship award of $2,500.00/not to exceed $2,500.00 will be paid to each second place award recipient prior to the start of the first semester of postsecondary studies.
10) The decision of the judges is final and is not subject to an appeal.
11) Please note that if any information provided by the applicant is determined by The Toronto Real Estate Board to be inaccurate or misleading, The Toronto Real Estate Board may cancel or revoke any grant, if awarded, in its sole discretion and the applicant will be required to reimburse The Toronto Real Estate Board for the full amount of the grant, if paid.
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be: A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States; B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or...
To be eligible for the No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship: A) You must be a resident of any of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or US Territories B) You must be 16 years of age or older C) You must either be enrolled in a college/university or registered...
The $25,050 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply. To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being: A) Earnest B) Determined C) Moving The scholarship...
To be Eligible: 1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US. 2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico. The ScholarshipPoints program was created in 2006 to help students win scholarships...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school...