The ACS Scholars Program is open to:
- U.S. citizens or a legal permanent U.S. residents (please inquire via email if you have questions regarding asylum or DACA status)
- African descent or Black, Hispanic or Latina/Latino/Latinx, or Indigenous (e.g. Native American, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, Alaskan Native) (please see below for more details)
- Graduating high school seniors or college freshmen, sophomores or juniors. Seniors can apply for their fifth year.
- Those intending to major or are already majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemical technology, or another chemistry-related science AND planning to pursue a career in a chemistry-related science as well (please see below for more details)
- Full-time students at a high school or an accredited college, university, or community college
- Those demonstrating high academic achievement in chemistry or science (Grade Point Average 3.0 or higher)
In the application you should select the race/ethnicity that you MOST identify with; use the “Other” field to provide more context (for example your tribe, family’s country of origin if you know it, or other races you are mixed with)
- Hispanic or Latina/Latino/Latinx — A person of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Central or South American culture or origin, regardless of race
- Indigenous — A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North America, and who maintains cultural identification through tribal affiliation or community recognition
- Native Hawaiian or Native Pacific Islander — A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands that are U.S. territories
- African decent or Black — A person having origins in any of the black, indigenous, racial groups of Africa
- More than one race – A person having origins in more than one of the above racial categories.
Definitions have been adapted from the NSF National Center for Science and Engineering Statistical Tables NSF 15-321 published in May 2015 and Women, Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities in Science and Engineering, NSF 17-310 published in January 2017.
Examples of eligible majors:
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Technology
- Materials Science
- Petroleum Engineering
- Environmental Science/Engineering (chemistry-based)*
- Biomedical Engineering (chemistry-based)*
- Forensic Science/Chemistry
- Food Science (not nutrition)
- Paper and Pulp Technology
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Agricultural Chemistry
- Nanotechnology or Nano Science
- Ceramic Science / Chemistry / Technology
- Industrial Chemistry
Examples of eligible career goals:
- Chemical Engineer
- Chemical Technician
- Forensic Chemist / Investigator
- Chemistry / Biochemistry / Chemical Engineering Teacher / Professor
- Patent Lawyer
- Science Journalist
- MD/PhD (research physician)**
**Please note that students intending to enter Pre-Med programs or pursuing a degree in Pharmacy or Nursing are NOT eligible for this scholarship.
*Majors that are starred or otherwise not listed above should have the four following core chemistry courses included in your course curriculum (required coursework for your major) in order for it to be approved. Please submit a copy of your course curriculum via email to firstname.lastname@example.org after you have started or submitted your online application:
How to Apply:
- General Chemistry (sometimes referred to as beginner Inorganic Chemistry)
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry (or Thermodynamics)
- Analytical Chemistry (or Quantitative Analysis)
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and any US Territory age 17 or older at the time of entry, and who meet one (1) of the four (4) following eligibility requirements at the time of entry:A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without writing a single essay? Sounds too good to be true.It isn't with Niche. We are giving one student $50,000 (our biggest scholarship yet) to help pay for tuition, living expenses, books, and other educational expenses.Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college...
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students with the right schools for them. Carnegie Dartlet, the organization that houses CollegeXpress, is an educational publisher and higher education marketing agency. Every year, thousands of students across the United States and around the world discover their colleges using our websites, magazines, and services. This scholarship has an intake period...
The Appily scholarship application is fast and easy.Scholarship Eligibility: This scholarship is open to high school sophomores, juniors, and first semester senior students for all majors and schools. We will judge this scholarship based on other criteria such as volunteer work, extracurricular activities, special circumstances, etc.About the sponsors of the scholarship (EAB and Appily):EAB is the market leader in helping colleges...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students with the right schools for them. Carnegie Dartlet, the organization that houses CollegeXpress, is an educational publisher and higher education marketing agency. Every year, thousands of students across the United States and around the world discover their colleges using our websites, magazines, and services.To be eligible for the Scholarship you:A)...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school for them. Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as...
To encourage students to spend more time preparing for the Common App, Scholarship Guidance has created an annual scholarship to reward students.To be eligible for the Scholarship Guidance "Common App Scholarship" a student must:A) Be in Grade 11 or Grade 12B) Be attending college or university no later than October 1, 2025.C) Have achieved a GPA of 2.5 or greater...