NBNA is committed to excellence in education and conducts continuing education programs for nurses and allied health professionals throughout the year. The association provides annual scholarships for students.
Scholarships provide funding for continuing education. This funding enables nurses to grow and better contribute their talents to the health and healthcare of our communities. Please review the Scholarship Application form carefully, remember, to submit ALL required documents with your application.
Scholarships and Certifications
The National Black Nurses Association, Inc. offers various scholarships each year including:
1. Dr. Lauranne Sams Scholarship
2. NBNA Board of Directors Scholarship
3. Lynne Edwards Research Scholarship
4. Dr. Hilda Richards Scholarship
5. Margaret Pemberton Scholarship
6. Rita E. Miller Scholarship
7. Maria Dudley Advanced Scholarship
8. Martha R. Dudley Scholarship
9. Dr. Martha A. Dawson Genesis Scholarship
10. Sheila Haley Scholarship
11. United Health Foundation Scholarship
12. Children’s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Scholarship
13. University of Phoenix
These scholarships will range from $1,000-$6,000
NBNA's scholarships are presented each year to the Awardees at our Annual Institutes and Conference.