The Bluenose Section of the Canadian Information Processing Society is pleased to invite applications for four scholarships of $1000. Two Scholarships of $1000 each are available to CIPS Members and immediate family only. The remaining two Scholarships of $1000 each are available to candidates meeting the general qualifications.
General qualifications for scholarships:
1. Student about to enter either of the final two years of a 4-year university program leading to a degree with specialization in computer studies in a Nova Scotia University
2. Candidates must have achieved a minimum overall GPA of 2.67 (70% average)
3. Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
Additional qualifications for CIPS Members and immediate family only:
1. Current paid Member of CIPS Bluenose (regular or student) as of February 1, 2009 or
2. Immediate family member of a current paid CIPS Bluenose regular or student member as of February 1, 2009 (spouse/partner, son/daughter, brother/sister, parent/guardian)
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of overall academic merit with an emphasis on courses most relevant to computing science. Extracurricular, leadership and community involvement activities may also be considered.