Northwestel wants to Invest in Future Northern Employees by offering six (6) $4000.00 scholarships to Northern Students, to provide summer employment opportunities and to hire after Graduation! Our goal is to have 50% of these scholarships awarded to Aboriginal students every year!
Click here to download the Scholarship Guidelines
1. Enrolled in full-time post secondary studies in a two year diploma program or a four year degree program with your major declared.
2. Pursuing an education in Engineering, Commerce/Business, Computer Science or Electrical/Telecommunications
3. Northern resident –residing within Northwestel’s Operating Area
What you will need to submit:
1. Proof of Ancestry (i.e. photocopy of status card, beneficiary identification or letter) - only if applying to be considered for one of the
2. scholarships designated for Aboriginal students
3. Proof of northern residency (i.e. photocopy of health card)
4. Copy of acceptance letter from post-secondary or educational institute
5. Copy of most recent transcript (i.e. High School, College or University)
6. Letter of personal introduction (min 500 words, max 1000 words) or Video (4-8 minutes) – see below for more details Current photo for media release (if chosen) - in JPEG format (i.e. a headshot such as a school or passport photo)
7. Complete and submit your application