This award is available to BC residents attending school full time who are maintaining a passing grade and are 18 years of age and under. The award is for $500. There are 16 regional awards available.
Candidates must have made outstanding contributions in their community for a considerable amount of time; or a one time project that the individual initiated, organized and contributed to significantly. No personal remuneration may be received by the volunteer for services provided.
The following information must be included to be considered for this award:
1. completed application form
2. a one page essay of voluntary contributions you have made to your community
3. reference letter from a representative of the community organization that was the
recipient of your volunteer service
4. reference letter from a teacher, including information confirming full time attendance, and grade point average (photocopy of transcript is acceptable).
5. photocopy of birth certificate or document providing proof of age.