The Rossen Law Firm is proud to offer the Murray Rossen Criminal Justice Scholarship, aimed at supporting aspiring individuals who have a burning desire to make a lasting impact in the criminal justice field. As a criminal defense firm located in Florida, we firmly believe in the power of education and its potential to shape the justice system’s future.
Murray Rossen always had a great passion for law. He was accepted to Yale Law School but attended St. John’s University since he could not afford Yale’s tuition. When it came time for Adam Rossen to attend law school, he needed a co-signer for his loans. Murray knew the opportunities a great education would have and co-signed. Without Murray Rossen, the Rossen Law Firm would not exist, nor would the years of dedicated legal service that Adam Rossen has put in to help the people of Florida.
The scholarship’s deadline is February 29, 2024, and offers an award of $1,000. We have designed a unique scholarship prompt to encourage creativity and innovation among applicants. We ask you to create a video about how you plan to use your education and skills to rock the criminal justice world. While the video must be at least two minutes long, we want to emphasize that there is no maximum length. We believe in allowing you to fully express your ideas and showcase your passion without any constraints.
By offering a video application format, we aim to provide a platform for applicants to showcase their passion and commitment to making a difference in the criminal justice system. We are excited to witness the diverse perspectives and innovative ideas that will shape the future of this field. Show us how you plan to rock the criminal justice world and seize this opportunity to be part of the change.
The Murray Rossen Criminal Justice Scholarship is open to individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Current high school seniors, vocational students, college students, or graduate students
- Legal residents of the United States, residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia
- Enrolled in a vocational program or a two to four-year post-secondary institution for the upcoming semester after the scholarship deadline
- Candidates should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing
Please note that employees of the Rossen Law Firm, their immediate families (including parents, children, siblings, and spouses), and individuals living in the same household as these employees are not eligible to participate in the competition.
We encourage individuals dedicated to pursuing a career in criminal justice and with a genuine passion for making a difference in the field to apply for this scholarship. We value academic excellence and are excited to support the next generation of leaders who are committed to rocking the criminal justice world.
To apply for the Murray Rossen Criminal Justice Scholarship, applicants must submit the following materials:
- Video Submission: Applicants must submit a compelling video showcasing their vision and passion for making a positive impact in the criminal justice field. The video should be well-crafted, professionally presented, and a minimum of two minutes in length. There is no maximum length, as we want to give applicants the freedom to express their ideas and creativity.
- Professional Resumé: Include a detailed resumé highlighting relevant experience, such as academic achievements, internships, volunteer work, and extracurricular activities.
- Transcript Submission: Provide a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, recent transfers, and high school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
- State Preference: While not required, preference will be given to students from or attending secondary schools in the state.
The Murray Rossen Criminal Justice Scholarship recipient will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.How to Apply: