The Golden Apple Scholars Program in Illinois is a teacher preparation and tuition assistance program for high school seniors and freshman and sophomore Illinois college students who have the determination and drive to be highly effective teachers in Illinois schools-of-need. We prepare aspiring teachers for immediate and lasting success in the most challenging teaching environments.
- Up to $23,000 in total financial assistance for college, inclusive of paid Scholar Institutes
- Extensive classroom teaching experience
- Academic and social-emotional support
- Job placement assistance
- Mentoring from our award-winning teaching faculty
Golden Apple Scholars Program in Illinois Application Process
- Complete online application including references and personal statements.
- Upload Unofficial Transcripts
- Standardized Test Scores (ACT or SAT)
- Standardized test scores are optional and not required for acceptance to the Golden Apple Scholars Program. The review committee will closely review the strength of course selection, G.P.A., grade trending, personal statements and overall involvement for students wishing not to submit test scores.
- Students accepted into the Scholars program must submit test scores after induction to assist in research purposes.
- Home school students are required to submit test scores for application review.
4. Participate in prospective Scholar interviews
Golden Apple Scholars Program in Illinois Eligibility Requirements
- High school Class of 2024
- College Freshmen and Sophomores at Partner Universities in Illinois
- Community college students in Illinois
- U.S. citizen, eligible non-citizen or DACAmented student and resident of Illinois
- Illinois High School Senior, Illinois Partner University Freshman or Sophomore, Illinois Community College Student.
- Academic Requirements
- Every application submitted to Golden Apple Scholars receives a holistic review. This means every piece of your application is reviewed and considered in order to make a decision. One single item does not determine your application decision.
How to Apply:
- Meet ISAC program requirements
- 2.5 GPA
- Participation in Golden Apple Scholar Institutes
- Code of conduct compliance
- Bachelor's degree from an Illinois Partner University
- Illinois teaching certification
- Teach for five years in an Illinois school-of-need within 7 years of graduation
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and any US Territory age 17 or older at the time of entry, and who meet one (1) of the four (4) following eligibility requirements at the time of entry:A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without writing a single essay? Sounds too good to be true.It isn't with Niche. We are giving one student $25,000 to help pay for tuition, living expenses, books, and other educational expenses.Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college or graduate school in...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25 who will be attending school in the Fall of 2024.B) This scholarship is provided by StudentScholarships.org. In order to apply for our scholarship follow these instructions:1. Go to www.facebook.com/myscholarships and place a comment on any post you see answering the question:In 10 words or less, tell us why you deserve...
To encourage students to spend more time preparing for the Common App, Scholarship Guidance has created an annual scholarship to reward students.To be eligible for the Scholarship Guidance "Common App Scholarship" a student must:A) Be in Grade 11 or Grade 12B) Be attending college or university no later than October 1, 2025.C) Have achieved a GPA of 2.5 or greater...
Fund for Leaders has been offering scholarships for students at ELCA seminaries who are pursuing rostered ministry in the ELCA since 2000. In the 2023-2024 academic year alone, the fund will provide nearly $3.1 million in scholarships to 345 ELCA seminary students.Eligibility and selection criteria vary across the different types of scholarships available. Read on for more details.The ELCA Fund...
Recognizing the value of education and the benefits it brings to the Coast Guard Family, the Coast Guard Exchange (CGX) Scholarship Program was established to provide additional financial resources to dependent children of Coast Guard personnel embarking on undergraduate college/university studies. Annually a $2,000 scholarship is awarded to the outstanding applicants on a one-time basis. The number of scholarships granted...
Scholarships and other monetary support are available when you join Army Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC), which allow you to focus on your education by relieving some of the financial pressure. You'll graduate with a respected and secure career path as an Army Officer, and with less debt for the school years your scholarship covers. You’re eligible to apply for...