Kids' Chance of California Scholarship
Kids' Chance of California, Inc. is a non-profit organization established to provide post-secondary scholarships to dependent children of workers that have been killed or seriously injured in a compensable work-related accident or occupational disease with a California employer. Scholarships are awarded once a year and students may apply every year they attend classes.
A) Applicant must be between the ages of 16 – 25 years
B) Applicant must be the child or legal dependent of a worker killed or seriously injured in a compensable work- related accident or occupational disease with a California employer
C) Student applicant and/or deceased/injured worker are not required to be a legal resident of the United States
D) Applicant must be able to demonstrate financial need
E) Applicant must be enrolled, accepted or applying for acceptance as a full-time or part-time student at a university, college or technical school
A) A completed Kids' Chance of California Scholarship application
B) Proof of enrollment or acceptance at University/College/Technical School
C) Completed financial aid release form for 2021-2022 school year (Download KCOCA Financial Aid Form)
D) Documentation of accepted workers compensation claim – Letter from claims adjuster accepting claim/liability, Findings and Award by a WCAB judge (judges' decision) or Stipulations with Request for Award (settlement decision) indicating that the parent's injury or death was determined to be work-related/compensable. Please do not send medical records. If received by headquarters they will be destroyed after scholarship application
1. Kids' Chance of California, Inc. will do a preliminary review of all completed applications. Application deadline is May 15 for Fall and Spring scholarship funds. All supporting deliverables must be uploaded via the "Upload Supporting Documents" tool once logged – by no later than June 30 to be considered.
2. The Kids' Chance of California, Inc. Scholarship Committee will review all complete applications once required deliverables are uploaded. See above for Required Documentation.
3. Kids' Chance of California Board of Directors will review all completed applications including the recommendations made by the Scholarship Review Committee and will make a final determination regarding the scholarships to be awarded.
4. Kids' Chance of California will then notify the applicant of his/her award status and how awarding will be distributed.
5. Applicants must reapply for a scholarship each year. Scholarships are awarded annually and subject to enrollment documentation and availability of funds.
All decisions are at the discretion of the Board of Directors of Kids' Chance of California, Inc.
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be: A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States; B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or...
To be eligible for the No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship: A) You must be a resident of any of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or US Territories B) You must be 16 years of age or older C) You must either be enrolled in a college/university or registered...
To be Eligible: 1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US. 2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico. The ScholarshipPoints program was created in 2006 to help students win scholarships...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school...
The Cappex scholarship application is fast and easy. Scholarship Eligibility: This scholarship is open to high school sophomores, juniors, and first semester senior students for all majors and schools. We will judge this scholarship based on other criteria such as volunteer work, extracurricular activities, special circumstances, etc. About the sponsors...