Ontario CU Succeed Youth Bursary
The Foundation provides funding for the CU Succeed Youth Bursary program open to resident Ontario post-secondary students in need of financial assistance for academic, technological, or vocational training.
The bursary will be awarded based primarily on two criteria – demonstrated financial need, and community involvement.
When reviewing the application, we also consider:
A) Applicants (or their parent) must belong to a credit union which is a member of Ontario Credit Union Foundation (listing here). To receive an award the award recipient must have a credit union account.
B) Youth is defined as age 25 by June 30, of the application year. (Prior bursary recipients continuing their studies are eligible beyond age 25.)
C) Programs of study may be academic, vocational, or technical at an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada or abroad.
D) Available to those pursuing a college diploma, undergraduate degree, or red seal. [Support individuals seeking their first bachelor’s degree only.]
E) Acceptable grades (65% or higher) are required.
F) Applicants must be Ontario residents and a Canadian citizen or have permanent residence status.
G) Graduate and post graduate students are not eligible.
Awards range from $1,000 to $3,000. We have allocated $100,000 ifor 2022.
Selection and Award Process:
1. The Awards Committee will review all applications and take into consideration the demonstrated financial need, community involvement, personal statement of special circumstances, grades, etc. All decisions are final and will be conveyed in an email.
2. If a Foundation award is approved, it will be disbursed directly to your personal credit union account.
3. You may be asked to attend your local branch for a photographic presentation which may be used in the Foundation’s and/or credit union’s newsletter or on the website as this is a means of showing the donors their contributions are at work.
1. Applications are to be submitted online by the timetable deadlines noted below. There are absolutely no extensions.
2. All content on the application is deemed important, but special attention will be given to your video or 500-word essay on why you should receive a bursary from OCUF.
3. Please note the two requested letters of reference must be from an independent third party (i.e. school teacher, employer, coach, etc.)
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be: A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States; B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or...
To be eligible for the No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship: A) You must be a resident of any of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or US Territories B) You must be 16 years of age or older C) You must either be enrolled in a college/university or registered...
The $25,050 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply. To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being: A) Earnest B) Determined C) Moving The scholarship...
To be Eligible: 1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US. 2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico. The ScholarshipPoints program was created in 2006 to help students win scholarships...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school...