Welcome to the Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship Program! Whether you are a student, parent, family member, instructor, school administrator, or just interested in STEM education, we are excited to share more about our efforts to support the academic endeavors of college-level learners across the nation.
Lockheed Martin launched the STEM Scholarship Program in 2018 as part of investment in the next generation of STEM talent. We are committed to providing access to pathways through education and into the STEM workforce for all students, particularly those from diverse backgrounds and communities historically underrepresented in STEM fields.
Each year, the STEM Scholarship Program awards $10,000 to 200 recipients studying engineering or computer science at a 4-year college or university. Recipients may renew the scholarship up to three times for a total potential value of $40,000 per student.
Applicants to the Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship Program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- U.S. citizen
- Demonstrated financial need
- High school senior with a 2.5 or above GPA OR a freshman or a sophomore undergraduate student with a 2.5 or above GPA
- Current or planned 4-year degree enrollment in the following majors:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Current or planned full-time attendance at an accredited U.S. four-year college or university
- Interest in a paid internship with Lockheed Martin following their freshman, sophomore or junior year of college, other circumstances notwithstanding (note: the internship is not required to receive a scholarship, and scholarship recipients are not guaranteed an internship)
Selection of Recipients
- Scholarship recipients are selected based on consideration of academic performance, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, a statement of career and educational goals and objectives, unusual personal or family circumstances and an outside appraisal.
- Additional consideration will be given to applicants who self-identify as members of groups that are traditionally underrepresented in STEM careers, including: Women; Racial and ethnic minorities; Individuals with a disability (as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act); Individuals that identify as LGBTQ; Individuals that are or will be first-generation college students; Active Duty U.S. military, including Reserves and National Guard; U.S. military Veteran, including Reserves and National Guard; Spouse of U.S. military Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard, or Veteran.
- Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America; in no instance does any officer or employee of Lockheed Martin play a part in the selection. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
- Lockheed Martin promotes equal opportunity and intentional inclusion.
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and any US Territory age 17 or older at the time of entry, and who meet one (1) of the four (4) following eligibility requirements at the time of entry:A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited...
The Scholarship Program is open to seniors in high school who meet the eligibility requirements. If you are an eligible student, by completing a college planning step using your College Board account, you will automatically earn a chance to win a $500 scholarship and an additional chance to win a $40,000 scholarship.There are no essay, minimum GPA, test score, or...
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply.To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being:A) EarnestB) DeterminedC) MovingThe scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.Furthermore, the...
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application process. We put students on the fast-track to success by providing direct access to the scholarships they need the most. Take the hassle out of financial aid and maximize your chance at a free ride in college. No matter how much funding you need for school, we have the opportunities...
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without writing a single essay? Sounds too good to be true.It isn't with Niche. We are giving one student $25,000 to help pay for tuition, living expenses, books, and other educational expenses.Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college or graduate school in...
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students win scholarships without the hassle of filling out paper applications and writing dozens of essays.To be eligible for the Scholarship you must be:A) At least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US.B) A legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.Thus...
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students with the right schools for them. Carnegie Dartlet, the organization that houses CollegeXpress, is an educational publisher and higher education marketing agency. Every year, thousands of students across the United States and around the world discover their colleges using our websites, magazines, and services.To be eligible for the Scholarship you:A)...
The Cappex scholarship application is fast and easy.Scholarship Eligibility: This scholarship is open to high school sophomores, juniors, and first semester senior students for all majors and schools. We will judge this scholarship based on other criteria such as volunteer work, extracurricular activities, special circumstances, etc.About the sponsors of the scholarship (EAB and Cappex):EAB is the market leader in helping colleges...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school for them. Who Can ApplyAll high school and college students, as...
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25 who will be attending school in the Fall of 2024.B) This scholarship is provided by StudentScholarships.org. In order to apply for our scholarship follow these instructions:1. Go to www.facebook.com/myscholarships and place a comment on any post you see answering the question:In 10 words or less, tell us why you deserve...