Administered by the Virginia Association for Teachers of Family and Consumer Sciences
Requirement for Scholarship:
The Martha Creighton Family and Consumer Sciences Scholarship in the amount of $1000 will be awarded to a person meeting the following requirements:
1. The applicant must be a graduate of a Virginia high school.
2. The applicant must pursue an education in Family and Consumer Sciences or in a Family and Consumer Sciences related field.
3. The education program must lead to a Bachelor's degree in Family and Consumer Sciences and/or qualify for a Collegiate Professional Certificate.
1. Deadline for submitting completed scholarship application is set by the VATFACS executive board.
2. The recipient of the scholarship will be notified by May 30 of the year the application is made.
3. Consideration for the scholarship will be given to the applicant with the greatest financial need.
4. All parts of the application must be completed and attachments present in order to qualify.
5. A check in the amount of the scholarship will be mailed by July 31 to the treasurer of the college in which the applicant is enrolled.
6. If the scholarship recipient does not complete the planned course of study or drops out during the year, the college shall be directed to refund the unused amount of the scholarship to the treasurer of VATFACS.
7. By May 1 of the end of the scholarship year, the scholarship recipient must request the registrar of the college to send a transcript of grades to the Past President of VATFACS by way of Virginia's Family and Consumer Sciences Specialist, Virginia Department of Education, P.O. Box 2120, Richmond, Virginia 23218-2120.
8. The recipient is also expected to make a written report of personal progress to the Past President of VATFACS by July 1 following the scholarship year.