Martha Creighton Family and Consumer Sciences Scholarship
Administered by the Virginia Association for Teachers of Family and Consumer Sciences
Requirement for Scholarship:
The Martha Creighton Family and Consumer Sciences Scholarship in the amount of $1000 will be awarded to a person meeting the following requirements:
1. The applicant must be a graduate of a Virginia high school.
2. The applicant must pursue an education in Family and Consumer Sciences or in a Family and Consumer Sciences related field.
3. The education program must lead to a Bachelor's degree in Family and Consumer Sciences and/or qualify for a Collegiate Professional Certificate.
1. Deadline for submitting completed scholarship application is set by the VATFACS executive board.
2. The recipient of the scholarship will be notified by May 30 of the year the application is made.
3. Consideration for the scholarship will be given to the applicant with the greatest financial need.
4. All parts of the application must be completed and attachments present in order to qualify.
5. A check in the amount of the scholarship will be mailed by July 31 to the treasurer of the college in which the applicant is enrolled.
6. If the scholarship recipient does not complete the planned course of study or drops out during the year, the college shall be directed to refund the unused amount of the scholarship to the treasurer of VATFACS.
7. By May 1 of the end of the scholarship year, the scholarship recipient must request the registrar of the college to send a transcript of grades to the Past President of VATFACS by way of Virginia's Family and Consumer Sciences Specialist, Virginia Department of Education, P.O. Box 2120, Richmond, Virginia 23218-2120.
8. The recipient is also expected to make a written report of personal progress to the Past President of VATFACS by July 1 following the scholarship year.
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be: A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States; B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or...
To be eligible for the No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship: A) You must be a resident of any of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or US Territories B) You must be 16 years of age or older C) You must either be enrolled in a college/university or registered...
The $25,050 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply. To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being: A) Earnest B) Determined C) Moving The scholarship...
To be Eligible: 1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US. 2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico. The ScholarshipPoints program was created in 2006 to help students win scholarships...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school...