Who Can Apply?
A) College students at the University of Idaho enrolled in the Department of Natural Resources;
B) Academic achievement (40%), leadership potential (30%), and school/community involvement (30%) will be considered when judging applicants.
Required Application Materials
A) Copy of your most recent college transcript
B) A written statement (no minimum/maximum length) addressing the following:
1) Describe your educational, career goals and objectives and how that education can help promote conservation of the environment;
2) Describe extra-curricular activities, awards, honors, and/or offices held;
3) Describe some of the jobs you have held and indicate if you presently are employed, or if you plan to work while attending college;
4) Describe some of your community service achievements;
5) Describe your hobbies and interests
C) Copies of ACT and/or SAT scores
D) Three letters of recommendation describing your character, personality traits, and academic achievements. One or two of these letters must be from teachers, counselors, or administrators; and one must be from a community leader or employer (not related to the applicant);
E) Optional: Exhibits showing notable achievement in scholarship, leadership, athletics, dramatics, literature and community service. (Please do not send originals.)