The Foundation distributes over $2,000,000 annually to fund more than 500 scholarships primarily in Hillsborough, Pinellas and Polk counties in west central Florida.
A) Minimum 2.5 Cumulative GPA
B) Demonstrate Financial Need
C) Graduating HS Senior Or Current College Student
D) Attending Or Planning To Attend Eligible HS/College
E) Legal U.S. Resident
F) Pursuing Undergraduate Degree Or Diploma
Common Questions about the Scholarship
1) If I win the High School Program Scholarship, at what colleges can I use the scholarship?
A High School Program Scholarship recipient may use the award at any regionally accredited institution in the country.
2) How much money is awarded with a Bailey Family Foundation Scholarship?
Scholarship recipients are given $5,000. Recipients are encouraged to apply again in subsequent years.
3) Who will the money be paid to?
The money is paid directly to the school you are attending.
4) What can I use the money for?
The scholarship money may be used for tuition only.
5) When will I be contacted to learn if I've won?
All applicants will receive a status update via email by April 15th. Please check your junk email boxes if you do not see one.
6) When can I start using my scholarship funds if I've won?
Your scholarship funds will be available for academic year starting this July 1st to June 30th of next year.
7) How long do I have to use the scholarship money?
A recipient has 12 months to use the scholarship.
8) If I've won as a high school senior from an eligible high school, is my scholarship renewable?
Yes, your scholarship is renewable up to 4 awards in successive years for a maximum amount of $20,000. The application period is January 1st - Feb 28th of each year. It is your responsibility to apply for renewal each year on our website www.bailey-family.org and follow instructions to complete your renewal application.
9) If I've won as a college student from an eligible college, is my scholarship renewable?
No, your scholarship is not renewable. However, you're encouraged to apply again in subsequent years. Your application will go through our normal scholarship selection process.