The Boule' Foundation in conjunction with the United Negro College Fund will provide annual $4,000 merit-based scholarships to entering college freshmen students (fall 2021) of African descent attending four-year, accredited, non-profit degree-granting colleges and universities of their choice.
Applicants for the program must meet the following criteria:
A) Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
B) Be of African descent;
C) Must be graduating from high school in the spring of 2021, and entering college as a Full-Time Freshmen in the Fall of 2021;
D) Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States (from one of the areas indicated below), a resident of London, England, or a citizen of the Bahamas.
1) Area 1: Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, London, United Kingdom, Vermont and Virginia.
2) Area 2: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nassau Bahamas, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
3) Area 3: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, West Virginia, and Wisconsin,
4) Area 4: Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming.
5) Area 5: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, and Washington.
A) Students will need to complete an online application;
B) Submit 1 (one) letter of recommendation from a high school administrator or teacher (no exceptions);
C) Indicate participation in extra-curricular activities, academic/civic honors and awards, community service, and work experience;
D) Students must also answer both of the following essay questions:
1) Describe an experience you have had, a person who has influenced you, or an obstacle you have overcome, and explain why this was meaningful to you.
2) Provide a one-page statement of your career interest.
Please note: With the essays you are going to want to type these into word documents for accuracy and the correcting of any grammatical errors, then copy and paste your essays into the requested templates.
With regard to your Letter of Reference, please be aware that only COMPLETED packets (student applications AND Letters of Recommendation) will be advanced to review. Students, just because you complete your portion of the online application you will still need to send your reference the instructions mentioned to the right. If the code does not reach your reference in a timely manner, it is your responsibility to rectify this issue with a UNCF staff person prior to the program closing date.