Many students struggle to obtain a college degree due to the rising costs of education. To address this need, the Hearthstone Scholarship Fund was established in 2009. Scholarship awards range from $500 to $5,000 and are available to students who reside in a Hearthstone property or in the surrounding community.
A) Be from a low-income household or demonstrate financial need
1) Low-income limits are determined by HUD.
B) Be 15-25 years of age as of 3/31/2020
C) Be a resident of:
1) A Hearthstone Housing Foundation property or
2) A county where a Hearthstone property is located;
D) Be one of the following during the 2020-21 school year:
1) a full-time high school student requesting support for any of the following:
a) college preparation courses
b) fees related to the college application process
c) other academically enriching activities
2) A full-time undergraduate student attending a college, university, or vocational school; in the United States
E) Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA for current high school students or a 2.75 GPA for current college students
F) Be available for a phone interview in May 2020