What you must be/do:
- be a resident of Wake, Durham, or Orange counties.
- be a U. S. citizen or present proof of permanent resident status.
- attend a non-profit post-secondary educational or technical institution in North Carolina.
- upload a complete copy of the FAFSA/SAR form. Go to www.studentaid.ed.gov/fafsa.
- submit a high school transcript showing seven semesters and with grades for the fall semester or a GED. College transcripts should show the most recent fall semester.
- have a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- submit SAT and/or ACT scores if you are a high school student.
- upload a copy of your parents’ income tax form. If you are totally independent of your parents, upload your income tax form. Please blackout all social security numbers.
- completely answer all questions. This is a Needs-Based scholarship. You must demonstrate financial need.
- submit your college ID number when requested.
- arrange to obtain at least two letters of reference if you are a high school student or undergraduate new to us. If you are a returning scholarship winner only one letter is required. Give your reference writers our site address scholarship.altriangle.org.
- submit your application on or before March 1 2024.
NOTE: You must submit your application before your reference writers can upload their letters. Give them a break and submit early.
What we will do:
- evaluate your application and notify you by email of your status by May 1.
- conduct interviews at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
- award scholarships ranging from $1000 to $7500.
- send your scholarship money directly to your school to be used for tuition or other educational expenses. Money will be available for the summer and/or fall semester. We need your student ID so the money is properly credited.
- collect any unused money from the school if you withdraw before completion of the year’s work.
- keep all you information confidential. FAFSA forms do not have social security
numbers on them. You have blacked out those numbers on the income tax forms.
- answer questions you might have.