An outstanding graduating senior will be selected by each qualifying high school to receive a $2,000 scholarship. From this group, finalists from each school district, the Hawaii Catholic Schools, and the Hawaii Association of Independent Schools will be selected to receive an additional $3,000 scholarship. Three outstanding scholars will be selected from among the finalists for the top awards.
Karen Uno Distinguished Student Award $ 8,000
Aiko Takitani Outstanding Student Award $10,000
Mamoru Takitani Outstanding Student Award $10,000
Student Eligibility Requirements:
1. Be a high school senior at an accredited public, private, or parochial high school in Hawaii.
2. Possess a strong record of scholastic achievement and potential (GPA, SAT/ACT scores).
3. Be an active participant in co-curricular, extra-curricular activities.
4. Actively participate in community service endeavors over an extended time.
5. Endeavor to be a candidate for undergraduate acceptance into an accredited/licensed business school, technical school, community college, or four-year college (there are no restrictions on the location of the school or field of study).
6. Not be related to any Board Director of the Takitani Foundation, or any Director or Executive of Hawaiian Host.
7. Demonstrate the need for financial assistance.