Haworth offers a variety of higher education scholarships each year to worthy and aspiring students.
The Haworth Diversity Scholarship is awarded to a minority. As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Haworth defines a minority group as the following:
A) American Indian or Alaskan Native
C) Black or African American
E) Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
F) Two or More Races
The Diversity Scholarship award is in the amount of $2,000 in addition to the opportunity for a 12-week paid internship (40 hours/week).
1. Applicant must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate college or university with sophomore or junior status at the time of the application due date and also a member of one of the listed minority groups.
2. Applicant must have a current cumulative U.S. GPA of 3.3 or greater or Canadian equivalent of 77-79% or greater.
3. Applicants must submit a resume with their application.
4. Applicant must be available for a 12-week internship (40 hours/week) beginning in May 2017 until August 2017 (preferably).
5. Major area of study must be supported by one of Haworth's core business functions (e.g. Business, Design, Engineering, Finance, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, etc.).
6. Upon successful award of scholarship, a member of the Haworth Staffing & Diversity team will conduct an alignment meeting with the scholarship recipient to identify best potential department placement for the 12-week paid internship.
7. The offer of an internship/employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of reference checks, a criminal background check, and the terms and conditions stated in our employment application. Additionally, the selected applicant may be required to complete a job-related medical exam. Haworth is an at-will employer.
8. A previous Haworth Scholarship recipient for this category is not eligible for a second time.