The name of this scholarship is the North Dakota Stockmen's Foundation Jack and Vander Reich Memorial Endowment Scholarship.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide a source of financial support for a student preparing to study an agricultural major and to honor the memory of the late Jack and Vander Reich of Zap, who left a positive mark on the North Dakota beef industry. Jack Reich was a well-known Angus breeder and a respected industry leader, who served as the president of the North Dakota Stockmen's Association and a director of the National Cattlemen's Beef Association and the North Dakota Angus Association. Ten-year-old Vander Reich was an active fifth-grader who loved to hunt, fish, cowboy and spend time with his family. The pair was killed in an automobile accident in November of 2012.
The scholarship will be for $750.
Students eligible for this scholarship will:
1. At the time of application, be a high school senior.
2. Have an interest in the beef cattle industry of North Dakota.
3. Be a member or a child of a member of the North Dakota Stockmen's Association.
4. Be planning to major in an agriculturally related discipline at any accredited college or university.
5. Submit a completed application to the North Dakota Stockmen's Foundation.