Each year Maryland education scholarships are awarded to current Maryland 4-H members or alumni(ae) who will be enrolled at an accredited college, university, or post high school vocational program in the fall of the year in which they apply.
A) A currently enrolled 4-H member in good standing who has completed at least two (2) years of membership in Maryland 4-H.
B) A Maryland 4-H Alumni(ae) having been enrolled in Maryland 4-H for a minimum of two (2) years prior to graduating from 4-H.
Each applicant may only receive one (1) scholarship per year for two (2) years before becoming ineligible to apply.
Students completing their post-secondary education in December 2020 are ineligible to apply.
A) Candidates submitting a Maryland 4-H Foundation Scholarship Award Application must be planning to enroll in an accredited college, university or post-secondary technical training program in the academic year of 2020-2021.
B) Scholarship award applications must be submitted online and are to be time stamped by midnight of June 15th. The scholarship award application must be typed and signed by the candidate.
C) If applying for the following scholarships, candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
1) Amelia Grace Dashiell Memorial 4-H Horse Scholarship - applicant must be enrolled in a two or four year equine studies, animal science, preveterinarian, biology, or zoology program and must have carried a 4-H horse project for a minimum of two years. Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 (A brief narrative is required, found at the end of the application)
2) Brenda Bourne Stair Memorial Scholarship - applicant must have demonstrated record of leadership and citizenship abilities and activities
3) David and Debbie Ross Scholarship – preference given to applicants pursuing careers in a) engineering or engineering technology with a degree from an accredited college or university program or b) one of the trades in a position requiring industry recognized certified skilled training including those in mechanical, electrical, structural, welding, mechanical sciences, engineering technology and other requiring post-secondary training.
4) Fine Arts & 4-H Scholarship – awarded to individuals who have demonstrated excellence in visual or performing arts (music, art/photography, fashion, drama, or dance) and carried at least (1) one project in an agricultural or veterinary science area and has demonstrated a commitment to being a good citizen and leader. (A 3 brief narrative is required, found at the end of the application)
5) Irene G. & Nicholas A. Porter Memorial Scholarship - applicant must be enrolled in a horticulture/plant science related curriculum (A brief narrative is required, found at the end of the application)
6) J. Lee Majeskie Dairy Memorial Scholarship – applicant must have a career interest in dairy science, preference given to individuals enrolled at University of Maryland, College Park (A brief narrative is required, found at the end of the application)
7) J. O'Neal & Rosa Moxley Johnston Memorial Scholarship - applicant must attend the University of Maryland, College Park
8) Maryland 4-H All Stars Blackhall Scholarship – awarded to applicants who have demonstrated excellence in community service
9) MID East DHIC Dairy Scholarship - applicant must participate in the dairy 4-H project and be pursuing a direct or indirect career that supports the dairy industry. Applicants whose families are members of Mid-East DHIC are encouraged to apply.
10) Paul and Fran Rock Scholarship – applicant must be attending the University of Maryland, College Park
11) Sandy Spring Bank Scholarship – applicant must be a resident of Montgomery or Prince George's County
12) William E. and Eileen M. Klingelhofer Memorial Scholarship - applicant must be an entering freshman
13) W. Lawson King Memorial Scholarship - applicant must be enrolled in an Agriculture-related curriculum
14) W. Max & Blodwen J. Buckel Scholarship - applicant must attend the University of Maryland, College Park. Preference given to 4-H participation in the following counties: Garrett, Montgomery, Prince George's and Baltimore. Applicant must also demonstrate significant financial need.