Cindy Hollingshead Scholarship
The Cindy Hollingshead Scholarship Fund was established in 2011 to recognize Cindy Hollingshead for her life and career accomplishments, as well as support students pursuing careers in agriculture focusing in organization leadership, volunteerism and community development.
As Executive Secretary of the Ohio Farm Bureau Federation, Cindy helped leaders expand an organization that originally involved farmers and rural residents, to one which now includes our suburban and urban neighbors. Farm Bureau members have the ability to create partnerships and tackle social, economic and public policy issues that take agriculture well beyond the farm gate.
Residents of Groveport, Ohio got to know Cindy as she worked on the village’s Charter Committee and Zoning Board. She helped local government create strategies to address infrastructure, community service, economic development and planned growth. Some knew Cindy for volunteer activities at the Groveport Presbyterian Church where she served as an elder, taught Sunday school and sang in the choir. As volunteerism has been redefined in church and other community organizations, she helped find ways to help others match time and interest with enrichment programs and projects.
1) Applicant must be a resident of Ohio.
2) Applicant must be enrolled in one of the following courses of study:
a)An accredited high school program, with personal plans to pursue a degree as a full time student in an accredited two-year technical school or four–year college or university program.
b) A course of study leading to completion in an accredited GED program, with personal plans to pursue a degree as a full time student in an accredited two-year technical school or four–year college or university program.
c) An accredited two-year technical school.
d) An accredited four-year college or university program.
e) An accredited graduate program.
3) Scholarship monies will be paid directly to the applicant after submission of their respective transcript detailing their grades for the first quarter or semester for the 2015/16 academic year. Transcript must show that the Applicant/Scholarship Recipient maintains a 2.5 GPA in their chosen course of study.
4) Applicant /Scholarship Recipient may reapply annually.
5) While the Applicant does not need to be pursuing a degree directly connected to a school and/or college of agriculture, they must explain how a particular aspect of the field of agriculture or community development (food production, scientific research, education/outreach, marketing, policymaking, advocacy, leadership development) pursued by the applicant benefits from her career plans.
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be: A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States; B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or...
To be eligible for the No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship: A) You must be a resident of any of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or US Territories B) You must be 16 years of age or older C) You must either be enrolled in a college/university or registered...
The $25,050 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply. To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being: A) Earnest B) Determined C) Moving The scholarship...
To be Eligible: 1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US. 2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico. The ScholarshipPoints program was created in 2006 to help students win scholarships...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school...