Five scholarships in the amount of $5,000 each will be awarded for 2020. One scholarship will be awarded in each division of the American Legion Auxiliary. All are gift scholarships and not loans.
1. Candidates for this award shall be/shall have been Junior members of the American Legion Auxiliary, held membership in the American Legion Auxiliary for the past three consecutive years (2017, 2018 and 2019) and must be a paid member for the current (2020) membership year. Applicant must continue her membership in the American Legion Auxiliary during the scholarship period.
2. Applicant must be in her senior year of high school.
3. This is a scholarship to attend an accredited institution of higher education. Applicant must be of good character and have grades which meet entrance requirements at the institution of their choice. Applicant must have at least a 3.0 GPA using a 4.0 base.
4. Applicant must present the completed application to her local American Legion Auxiliary Unit President ON OR BEFORE MARCH 1, 2020.
5. Judging, at all levels, shall be on the following basis:
Academic Achievement 40%