Applicant must be currently enrolled as a High School Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior and must be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen. Financial need is NOT considered; all income levels are encouraged to apply.
Awards range from $1,000 to $5,000 each with multiple winners to be selected. Each award is a non-renewable, one-time award and is to be used exclusively to offset costs and fees related directly to the student's first year of higher post-secondary education at an accredited institution of the student's choosing within the US.
All applications for the American College Foundation's Visionary Scholarship Program will consist of:
A) Completed ACF Visionary Scholarship Application
B) Student's most recent unofficial high school transcript
C) 500-word essay on "Why College is Important to Me"
All components of the application must be received completely at the time of submission. Applicant will NOT be notified of a partial and/or incomplete application. Applications are judged on the ability to follow guidelines (25%), grammar and punctuation (25%), and both the originality and overall merit of the written essay (50%).