Candidates must apply (and be accepted) to Clemson University as incoming Freshmen. Successful candidates will be of a high intellectual caliber, as demonstrated through academic achievement and test scores in their high school careers, and must be passionate about ideas, intellectual engagement, and the subject matter of the Lyceum Scholars Program. The Program is open to students from any US state and around the world.
What Are the Academic Requirements of the Lyceum Scholars Program?
1. Take an 8-course sequence consisting of one Lyceum course each semester. Scholars may be excused from at most one semester due to scheduling conflicts with other required courses or studying abroad-in which case, the scholar will receive a half-scholarship for that academic year.
2. Take all their program courses together with your entering class as an intellectual cohort
3. Maintain at least a 3.4 GPA and be enrolled as a full time student
4. Meet regularly with their assigned faculty Socratic Tutor
5. Attend all Lyceum Scholar Events and public lectures
What Can I Major In?
The Lyceum Scholars Program is open to all majors. Lyceum Scholars are responsible for scheduling their required major courses around the required Lyceum course each semester. In the event that this is not possible, Scholars may miss up to one semester - in which case, the scholar will receive a half-scholarship for that academic year.