Reintegration is an achievable goal and dreams are possible for those who have been touched by mental illness. The Center for Reintegration together with the Sidney R. Baer Jr. Foundation will continue to offer the Baer Reintegration Scholarship for those active in their recovery. The scholarship applications are generally available from October to January each year, and eligible applicants are invited to apply.
In order to be eligible for consideration for the Baer Reintegration Scholarship, applicants must:
1) Have a documented diagnosis of bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder.
2) To apply for a Reintegrtion scholarship, you must be currently receiving medical treatment for the illness, including medications and psychiatric follow-up.
3) Be actively involved in rehabilitative or reintegrative efforts, such as clubhouse membership, part-time work, volunteer efforts or school enrollment or in competitive employment.
4) Complete an application package that includes an application form, essay, transcripts (if applicable), recommendation forms from three references and school financial requirements.
The Reintegration Scholarship program is designed to offer financial assistance for a wide range of educational opportunities in which students work to attain a certificate or degree.* Eligible programs include:
1) High school equivalency programs
2) Trade or vocational school programs
3) Associate degrees
4) Bachelor degrees
5) Graduate degrees