The purpose of the IWSH Essay Scholarship Contest is to acquaint the uninitiated with the crucial importance the plumbing industry plays in our everyday lives. To introduce students to the global impact of IWSH projects.
Students must provide a copy of their current full-time schedule, school transcripts, or acceptance letter with their submission.
Must be a current high school senior; or enrolled or accepted as a full-time (12 credit hours) student in an accredited technical school, community college, trade school, four-year accredited college or university, or an apprentice program.
International students are eligible. Please submit proper school documentation with the essay.
GENERAL RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
ANY SUBMISSION THAT IS MISSING SOME OR ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
1) The deadline for essay submissions is 11:59pm (PT) on April 30, 2019. Late submissions will not be accepted.
2) Each submission must include a cover page containing the student's name, address, phone number, and email. We must be able to contact you, if we have any questions or comments regarding your entry.
3) Essays must be written on the topic noted above, and must be an original essay.
4) One essay per student.
5) Essays should be no fewer than 800 words and no more than 1,600 words. The essay cover page, added footnotes, references or citation page does not contribute to the word count.
6) Entries must be typed, double-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman or an equivalent font with a one-inch margin on all sides of the page. Standards of content and style from MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 8th ed., will be expected for:
a. Documentation of sources in the text of your essay;
b. The format of the list of works cited;
c. Margins and indentation; and,
7) Essays MUST be submitted in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format. Essays submitted in any other format will not be considered.