The Canton Audubon Society will provide an annual scholarship fund of $1,000.00 in memory of Arnold W. Fritz, founding president of the Canton Audubon Society. This will be awarded in one ($1000) or two ($500) scholarships, at the discretion of the CAS Scholarship Committee.
The information advertising the availability of the scholarship and the guidelines for applying should be made public by October 1 or each school year.
Purpose of the scholarship:
To encourage college students, through financial support, to study environmental science, conservation, natural history and nature related subjects, including environmental law.
Basis for Awarding Scholarship:
The selection committee will base its decision for granting the scholarship on a combination of the following:
A) A completed application form
B) A typed essay of 250 words or less telling us about yourself and how you expect to make a difference in the environment.
C) Grade point average (2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale)
D) Three letters of recommendation
E) Previous experiences showing dedication to caring for the environment.
1. All information on the application should be typed.
2. The applicant shall reside in or attend college in Carroll, Coshocton, Stark, Tuscarawas, or Wayne County or any county contiguous to these counties.
3. Applicant must be entering the fall term as Junior level or above at an accredited college or university at the time of the award.
4. Applicant must be a full time student according to the institutions criteria.
5. Applicant may be majoring in any discipline that will relate to our purpose.
6. Only one member of a family will be considered in any one year.
7. There will be no age limit.
8. Completed application, references, essay and transcript must be postmarked by March 1st.