Canton Audubon Society Scholarship
The Canton Audubon Society will provide an annual scholarship fund of $1,000.00 in memory of Arnold W. Fritz, founding president of the Canton Audubon Society. This will be awarded in one ($1000) or two ($500) scholarships, at the discretion of the CAS Scholarship Committee.
The information advertising the availability of the scholarship and the guidelines for applying should be made public by October 1 or each school year.
Purpose of the scholarship:
To encourage college students, through financial support, to study environmental science, conservation, natural history and nature related subjects, including environmental law.
Basis for Awarding Scholarship:
The selection committee will base its decision for granting the scholarship on a combination of the following:
A) A completed application form
B) A typed essay of 250 words or less telling us about yourself and how you expect to make a difference in the environment.
C) Grade point average (2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale)
D) Three letters of recommendation
E) Previous experiences showing dedication to caring for the environment.
1. All information on the application should be typed.
2. The applicant shall reside in or attend college in Carroll, Coshocton, Stark, Tuscarawas, or Wayne County or any county contiguous to these counties.
3. Applicant must be entering the fall term as Junior level or above at an accredited college or university at the time of the award.
4. Applicant must be a full time student according to the institutions criteria.
5. Applicant may be majoring in any discipline that will relate to our purpose.
6. Only one member of a family will be considered in any one year.
7. There will be no age limit.
8. Completed application, references, essay and transcript must be postmarked by March 1st.
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be: A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States; B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or...
To be eligible for the No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship: A) You must be a resident of any of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or US Territories B) You must be 16 years of age or older C) You must either be enrolled in a college/university or registered...
The $25,050 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply. To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being: A) Earnest B) Determined C) Moving The scholarship...
To be Eligible: 1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US. 2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico. The ScholarshipPoints program was created in 2006 to help students win scholarships...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school...