Survey interviewers perform some or all of the following duties:
A. Contact individuals by telephone or in person and explain the purpose of the interview
B. Ask questions following the outlines of questionnaires and surveys
C. Record responses on paper or enter responses directly into a computer database through computer-assisted interviewing systems.
1. Public administration - 66.0%
2. Other professional scientific and technical services - 18.0%
3. Administrative and support waste management and remediation services - 5.0%
1. Completion of secondary school may be required.
2. Experience in the operation of a computer may be required.
3. On-the-job training is usually provided.
4. May require driver's licence.
5. Most recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree.
1. Computer Basics - Word and Excel
The average hourly wages for Survey Interviewers and Statistical Clerks is $12.70/HR, which is below average for occupations in the business, finance and administration sector and are below average for all intermediate occupations. These wages grew at an average rate from 2002 to 2004.