Supervisors, Finance and Insurance Clerks - What They Do
Supervisors of finance and insurance office workers supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Accounting and related clerks (1431), Payroll administrators (1432), Banking, insurance and other financial clerks (1434) and Collectors (1435). They are employed by banks and other financial institutions, insurance companies, and by other establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Implement efficient working processes and co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: administering accounts payable and receivable; processing, verifying and recording financial documents and forms; administering payrolls; processing, verifying and recording insurance claims and forms; and collecting user fees and payments on overdue accounts
- Examine and verify accuracy of work and authorize routine payments, credits and other transactions
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Identify training needs and train workers in job duties and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- supervisor of accounting
- accounts payable supervisor
- accounts receivable supervisor
- bank clerks supervisor
- billing supervisor
- bookkeeping supervisor
- supervisor, claims adjusters
- collection supervisor
- credit supervisor
- payroll supervisor
This is what you typically need for the job:
- Completion of a college program or courses in bookkeeping, accounting or a related subject is required.
- Experience in the clerical occupation supervised is required.
- Co-ordinating and Organizing
- Analyzing Information
- Teaching and Training
- Processing Information