Social Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers - What They Do

Employment Requirements

1. A bachelor's degree or college diploma in a social science or related discipline, or in business administration is usually required.

2. A master's degree in a social science or related discipline or in business administration may be required.

3. Home economists require a bachelor's degree in home economics, home economics education, human ecology, nutrition and food sciences or family and consumer studies.

4. Registration is available, but voluntary, for the designation "Registered Home Economist" in New Brunswick, Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta, and "Registered Professional Home Economist" in British Columbia.

5. Most recent entrants have a graduate degree, and almost 2 in 5 have a undergraduate unversity degree .


Essential Skills

1. Leadership

2. Researching

3. Project management