Musicians and Singers - What They Do
1. Musical training from a university or college or through private instruction is usually required.
2. Members of orchestras and other professional classical musicians and singers usually require a university degree in music.
3. Musical talent and ability, as demonstrated during an audition, are important hiring criteria.
4. Membership in a guild or union related to the occupation or type of performance may be required.
5. Most recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree.