Managers in Food Service and Accommodation - What They Do

Employment Requirements

1. The minimum requirement you need is a high school diploma.

2. To be a restaurant or food service manager, you usually need a college or other diploma in food/beverage management, hospitality or a related field. You also need several years' experience, including supervisory experience.

3. To be an accommodation service manager, you usually need a college diploma or university degree in hotel management or a related field if you work for a hotel chain or other large organization. You need several years' experience, and this experience may replace formal education.

4. Many recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree, and almost 2 in 5 have a community college diploma.

Essential Skills

1. Leadership

2. Business management

3. Entrepreneurship skills