Welders and Related Machine Operators - What They Do
2. Experience with robotics may be required.
3. Completion of secondary school is usually required.
4. Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program or A combination of over three years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in welding is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
5. Trade certification is compulsory in Alberta and available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, the Northwest Territories and the Yukon.
6. Red Seal, an interprovincial trade certification, is also available to qualified welders.
3. Physical work