Roofers and Shinglers - What They Do
1. Completion of secondary school is usually required.
2. For roofers, completion of a two- to three-year apprenticeship program or Over three years of work experience in the trade are usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
3. Roofing trade certification is compulsory in Quebec and British Columbia and available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, the Yukon and the Northwest Territories.
4. Trade certification for residential steep roofers is available, but voluntary, in British Columbia.
5. Red Seal, an interprovincial trade certification, is also available to qualified roofers.
6. Shinglers require one to two years of on-the-job training.
1. Customer service
2. Working to schedule
3. Physical work