Train Crew Operating Occupations - What They Do
1. In general, you usually need a high school diploma.
2. Except for yard locomotive engineers, you need specific levels of the Certificate of the Canadian Rail Operating Rules.
3. To be a railway locomotive engineer, you must have experience as a railway conductor.
4. To be a yard locomotive engineer, you may need experience as a railway conductor or railway yard worker.
5. To be a railway conductor, you must have experience as a railway brakeman or brakewoman.
6. To be a railway brakeman or brakewoman, you usually need experience as a railway worker.
1. Communication systems
2. Communication skills
3. Safety awareness