Real estate agents and salespersons perform some or all of the following duties:
A. Solicit property sales listings from prospective vendors
B. Assist vendors in selling property by establishing asking price, advertising the property, listing the property with listing services and conducting open houses for prospective buyers
C. Assist prospective buyers in selecting, visiting, inspecting and making offers of purchase on real estate properties
D. Advise clients on market conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements and related matters
E. Draw up sales agreements for approval of purchaser and seller
F. May rent or lease properties on behalf of clients.
G. Real estate agents and salespersons may specialize in residential, commercial, industrial/institutional or rural real estate sales.
1. You must have a high school diploma and a real estate training course.
2. You need a licence in the province/territory where you'll work.
3. You may operate independently by obtaining a broker's licence according to the regulations in your province/territory.
4. You need a broker's licence to become a real estate manager.
5. Most recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree.
2. Computer-related courses
3. Business English
The average hourly wages for Real Estate Agents and Salespersons is $17.12/HR, which is above average for occupations in the sale and service sector and are close to the average for all technical, professional, and skilled occupations. These wages grew at an average rate from 2002 to 2004.