FRIENDS OF THE EAST GWILLMBURY LIBRARY
The Town of East Gwillimbury was incorporated in 1850. Governor John Graves Simcoe named the area in honour of his wife, whose maiden name was Gwillim. In the late 1700's, Governor Simcoe was looking for the best route north from York (now Toronto) to the British naval posts on Georgian Bay. To assist in his search for the best route, he commissioned the first survey of East Gwillimbury in 1800.
To find out what type of financial assistance FRIENDS OF THE EAST GWILLMBURY LIBRARY may offer, please visit their website at: http://www.eastgwillimbury.ca