1. In general, you usually need a college diploma or a university degree in your field of work.
2. Depending on your chosen field, you may need a master's or doctoral degree in that field of work.
3. You may require several years' experience, specialized training or certification in your field of work.
4. To be a foreign services officer, you must take competitive examinations.
5. To be a recreation and sports program supervisor or consultant, you may need certificates in areas such as fitness/lifesaving.
6. Most recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree and almost 3 in 10 have a graduate degree.