SNAME offers competitive scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students of naval architecture and marine engineering. Students with exceptional academic credentials are encouraged to apply.
Requirements and Procedures
1. APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO JUNE 1 WITH ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION BY JUNE 15 TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
2. Open to applicants worldwide, who are actively involved members of SNAME and committed to future membership.
3. SNAME membership required at least four months prior to the application submission deadline (i.e. February 1).
4. Awards are made for one year of study leading to a Bachelor of Science degree in naval architecture, marine engineering, ocean engineering, or in other fields directly related to the marine industry.
5. Applicants must not receive their bachelor's degree prior to April 15 of the academic year they are applying for scholarship.
6. Undergraduate scholarships may be awarded to an individual only once, and applicants remain eligible for a graduate scholarship.
7. Applicants must provide evidence of sound academic achievement with a transcript of grades including Grade Point Average (GPA) scores and/or class standing (giving class size and standing).
8. Applicants must give evidence of their passion for naval architecture, marine engineering, ocean engineering and/or other marine field, as well as of their professionalism, commitment and prior and ongoing involvement with SNAME by submitting a supporting essay of 500-600 words.
9. Selection is in July based upon Scholarships Committee recommendations and Executive Committee approval.
10. Scholarship funds may be used for student tuition, textbooks, academic fees or other academic related expenses for study and research.
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you must be: A) A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior or in an accredited college or university located within the United States; B) A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or...
To be eligible for the No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship: A) You must be a resident of any of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or US Territories B) You must be 16 years of age or older C) You must either be enrolled in a college/university or registered...
The $25,050 "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. It takes less than 2 minutes to apply. To us, boldest does not mean "best", or "most accomplished". Being bold means being: A) Earnest B) Determined C) Moving The scholarship...
To be Eligible: 1. You must be at least 13 years old and enrolled or will enroll in a college or university in the US. 2. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Puerto Rico. The ScholarshipPoints program was created in 2006 to help students win scholarships...
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools with students and families. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, over 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search and data tools, Niche helps millions of students and families find and enroll in the right school...